Abundant Personal Care Services provides caregivers and companions under private arrangements throughout Monterey County. Care may be intermittent or continuous, temporary or long term. Minimum shift is 4 hours.
- Abundant Personal Care Services protects you while providing caring staff to help you.
- Background check on all employees.
- Supervision is included in our fees.
- Available on call all the time.
- Worker's Compensation and Liability Insurance.
- We pay all payroll Taxes.
- We employ, screen, supervise and train our staff.
- We work with Long Term Care Insurance payers.
Examples of services provided:
- Help with bathing, meals, housekeeping, shopping, or other ADLs (Activities of Daily Living.
- Support at home before or after inpatient or outpatient Procedures or following a stroke, fracture, or heart attack.
- Assistance with medications, or fall prevention.
- Socialization and safety support.
- Assisted transportation and accompaniment to appointments.
Independent Living Program
This program is designed for those who are mentally and physically able to perform some activities of daily living and are able to safely be alone for sleep and a portion of the day. Examples of possible health conditions fitting this model would include: early stage dementias, recovery from surgeries and orthopedic procedures, recovering stroke patients, post operative care, some cancer treatments. Advantages include a balance of support and care that allows private time.
- 6 hours of care daily during daytime @ 150.00/day (to be arranged in any combination of one 2 hour and one 4 hour block between 7am and 9pm)
- Active Caregiving including: meal planning and preparation, light housekeeping, laundry, transportation and shopping, personal hygiene assistance
- Additional hours billed at $25/hour
- MedTime unit free after 1 month of service completed (includes instruction in use of equipment, unit must be purchased for $300.00 if 1 month of service is not provided at client's request. MedTime is an automated medication dispensing system)
- Waived LTC insurance billing fee
Abundant Personal Care Services offers Assisted Transportation services. Caregivers may transport as part of an ongoing care plan or they may be employed to transport on an as needed basis. Caregivers will assist the client to dress and prepare for their appointment(s). The client will be assisted from their home to the car. The caregiver will stay with the client and take notes of medical appointment instructions for future reference. If ordered, lab studies will be arranged as well as the picking up medications. Any other errands or social needs the client has will be filled, with a careful eye on client tolerance to the activities. The client will be returned and assisted into the home. Preparation of a light meal and/or assistance in bringing in parcels will be completed prior to the caregiver leaving.
Cost is $25.00 per hour plus mileage (51 cents per mile in 2011) 2 hours minimum.
Medication Management Program
Adverse reactions to legal drugs are a leading cause of death in the United States. In fact, more people die from adverse reactions to prescription drugs than from illegal "street" drugs. Studies have concluded that 17% to 25% of all hospital admissions are related to adverse side effects.
Some 22 percent of people admit that they've avoided going to the doctor during the past year, 17 percent don't get prescriptions filled, and 14 percent take other than the recommended dosage.
Many people take all their medications at once rather than at the times recommended so that they do not forget to take their pills. Some medications and vitamins are more effective if taken two or more times a day rather risking gastrointestinal upset by ingesting a stronger dose all at once.
You spend a lot of money for your prescription medications and supplements, but those dollars are wasted if the products are not taken properly. Abundant Personal Care Services offers an innovative program to help you or your loved ones to be compliant with prescriptions, over the counter remedies, and supplements.
We assign a Pharmacy Tech or supervisor to fill /refill a Mediset or MedTimeR unit on a weekly, biweekly or monthly schedule. Communications with the pharmacy and the physician's office, and a shopping list for products to be picked up are provided (actual shopping is the client or their family's responsibility, or that of a caregiver). Frequency of visits is determined by the device used and the number of times per day doses are ordered.
- Protect your medication investment
- Prevent hospitalization
- Improve compliance
- Improve your life
Sleep Over Service
Abundant Personal Care Services provides SleepOver services at the rate of $195.00 for 10 hours. The client shall determine the actual hours of preference. This rate is contingent on meeting the following standards:
- Abundant Personal Care Services staff shall be called upon no more than two times during sleeping hours.
- The client will make available a bed and bedding for the assigned staff's use.
- The staff person will assist with basic pm and am care but will not be engaged in other caregiver responsibilities such as assisted transportation, shopping, light housekeeping, detailed meal preparation, or medication assistance.
Should the above contingencies be breached as determined by the assigned caregiver and their documentation, the full service rate of $25.00/hour will be charged.
||11 Sandpiper Court
Seaside, California 93955
(831) 444-9500 Salinas area
(831) 626-9500 Monterey area
Since September 2009
Copyright © 2005-2011, Abundant Personal Care Services. All Rights Reserved.